Thursday, July 5, 2007

Back in the Day Bakery













One of my favorite places in town, Back in the Day Bakery,
was recently featured in the New York Times 36 hours
in Savannah article. The husband and wife team, Cheryl
and Griff Day, have had much success in their almost
5 year run in Savannah. I am a huge fan and regular
contributor to their success and I have the curves to
prove it. As I get older time seems to scoot by. I
remember when they first opened in an up and coming
area known at the Starland District. Their bakery holds
the anchor spot and I believe has been a big part of the
revitalization of the area. I didn't know Griff too well
but I fondly called him the gentle giant back then.
He didn't talk too much and he still doesn't I just know
him better now. Cheryl has a good heart, joyful spirit
and great humor. I couldn't be happier for them. All
of this comes around at a good time because sadly Cheryl lost
her sister this time last year. I know that she has had
a tough year because if anyone would have
reveled in her successes it would have been her sister.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your the best Liz! Thanks dear sweet friend as always for thinking of me.

McMaster & Storm said...

wish we had a cute bakery here in greenville. My lands, the kitchenAid factory is here that makes the original stand mixer. it makes sense doesn't it? kitchenAid mixer = good cupcakes!
cute blog!
Kara
*need to tell u how to link blogs, will play around w/ linking again so I can re-figure it out!
I'm not a techie

EliotRaffit said...

Liz, Great to see you in Atlanta. Your blog & card are beautiful. I look forward to viewing your web site soon. Regards, Eliot Trieste @ Raffit Ribbons (Thanks for your positive thoughts on our new table linen)