Tuesday, September 6, 2011

lowcountry style chef showdown

My latest feature in Southern Living.

photography by Squire Fox - prop styling Elizabeth Demos - food styling Marian Cooper Cairnes

The copy reads: Three chefs. Five key ingredients. One killer location. What it doesn't say is: 2 hair stylists, 2 make up people, 2 prop stylists, 2 food stylists, 3 editors, 1 photographer, 1 photo tech, 20+ extras, 20 lanterns, 25 platters, 20+ utensils, 20+ pots and pans, 12 directors chairs, 1 farm table, 1 pine bench, 15+ glass compotes, 4+ peach baskets, 30+ glasses, 30+ plates, 12 napkins, 10+ dish towels, 30+ votives and one GIANT Uhaul (I'm sure I'm forgetting something but you get the picture). Crazy right? No one would really believe what goes on behind the scenes so I thought I would show you the pretty pictures from the 10 page spread and then one of my own during set up. It actually looks tidy but the chaos hadn't really started.



No comments: